The Crowsnest Nordic Ski Club is a not-for-profit registered charity dedicated primarily to promoting cross-country skiing at the Chinook Provincial Recreation area and surrounding public lands in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta. The formal objectives and bylaws of the club are on a separate page of the website.
These lands are on the east side of Tecumseh Mountain near the continental divide. The forested, sheltered and rolling terrain found here provides for superb non-motorized winter recreation experiences for people of all skill levels. The area has fabulous well signed trails and some additional basic amenities:
- About 26 kms of skier only trails; groomed and track-set from approximately Dec 1 to Mar 31
- Primarily groomed for classic skiing, with approximately 7 km available for skate skiing on certain trails such as Mainline and Rainbow Run
- About 31 kms of multi-use trails primarily for snowshoeing and fat biking – some are groomed, others are user packed
- Access to the surrounding back-country
- A warm up hut with wood stove
- Pit toilets
- Non-motorized access only
- Dogs are only allowed on certain trails. Access is at the Tecumseh Parking area. Please see the map for this information.
The club runs Learn-to-ski programs for youth of different ages and has some equipment available for loan, primarily for use by program participants.
Come and join us in Crowsnest Pass this winter and experience some of the best cross country skiing, snowshoeing and fat biking in Alberta’s Southern Rockies.
Become a member if you are a frequent visitor. If you just come for a day please make a donation to support the maintenance of the trails and the grooming equipment needed to provide the winter recreation experience here. You can donate at donation box by the notice board at the trailhead or by using PayPal at the top of this page.